Cleveland Golf is proud to announce the all-new Launcher XL Halo irons, hybrid-style super game-improvement irons designed to make the game of golf more fun. Launcher XL Halo irons officially launch in Australia today for graphite irons.
“From head to grip, Launcher XL Halo irons just make golf easier and more fun,” said Brian Schielke, general manager at Cleveland Golf. “Most of us don’t have much confidence standing 170 yards out with a long iron in hand, and needing to carry a bunker to make the green. But with Launcher XL Halo irons, you’ll swing easier, feel confident, and be shocked at how forgiving they are. These irons will become your go-to clubs.”
The foundation of these new irons is the XL head design, which increases moment of inertia (MOI) for improved forgiveness and shots that launch high and find their target. In fact, the Launcher XL Halo irons feature a 17 percent increase in MOI compared to the previous generation of hybrid-irons.
For faster shots that travel far, Cleveland developed a new MainFrame iron face that harnesses the power of Artificial Intelligence to create the optimal clubface for these irons. The variable thickness pattern maximises COR and ball speed to help generate more distance than previous generations.
Launcher XL Halo irons help develop a better, consistent strike. Gliderails on the long irons deliver excellent turf interaction, while the mid-to-short irons feature Cleveland’s V-Shaped Sole to cut through the turf more effectively for cleaner contact. Meanwhile, a new eight-gram weight placed inside the end of every grip delivers better balance, control and a smoother swing without extra effort to help square up the ball at impact.
If precision is what is desired above all else, Cleveland is offering a new Accuracy Build, a custom configuration that is half an inch shorter without counterbalancing to focus on maximum control.
Key innovations inside the Launcher XL Halo irons include:
· XL head design: Launcher XL Halo irons feature the highest MOI ever in a Cleveland Golf hybrid-iron. It’s maximum distance with maximum fun.
· Rail to V-Shaped sole design: Gliderail in the long irons gradually transitions to a V-Shaped sole in the short irons and ultimately, a three-tiered sole on the dual and sand wedges.
· MainFrame: Designed using Artificial Intelligence, MainFrame variable face technology increases ball speed while unique weight pad designs ensure maximum forgiveness across the face.
· Action Mass CB: An eight-gram weight placed inside the end of the grip delivers better balance for more control without extra effort.
· HiBore crown step: The stepped crown shape brings the height of the crown down, dropping the centre of gravity and raising your launch in the process.
· Loft-specific grooves: The 4-iron to 7-iron lofts have wider, flatter grooves, while the 8-iron to sand wedge lofts have closely spaced, deeper, and higher spinning wedge grooves.
Launcher XL Halo irons retail for $179.95 each (graphite) and are available in Australia from today, November 12, 2021.