The biggest corporate golf tournament in the world, the World Corporate Golf Challenge, will be coming to Australia in Spring 2016. It is a two person stableford challenge that sends the winner of the Australian final on an all expenses paid trip to the world final in Portugal.
What is the World Corporate Golf Challenge (WCGC)
The WCGC was founded in the United Kingdom in 1993. In 2015 the WCGC will be played in over 40 countries on 6 different continents. Over 80 per cent of the WCGC participants are aged between 30 and 65, with over 72 per cent C-level executives or higher. The WCGC has a rich history in Australia with Australia being crowned world champions back in 2003.
• Companies enter in teams of two players
• One player must be currently employed or act as a director for the company
• The other member may be an employee, director, client or associate
• A series of regional (qualifying) events will take place with one team from each qualifying day progressing to the national final
• The winning team from the national final will progress through to the World Final. The winning team will receive an all expenses paid trip to the World Final to represent Australia.
• Players, may participate in multiple qualifying rounds
• Each round will be played in the stableford format with a maximum adjusted handicap of 36 for men and 45 for women.
• Each player will play off ¾ of their adjusted handicap
• The format of play for all qualifying rounds and the national final will be aggregate stableford (off ¾ of adjusted handicap).
Qualifying Days (Example Itinerary)
6.45am – Arrive for light breakfast, tea, coffee and juices
6.45am – Driving Range Open
7.45am – Briefing
8.00am – Shotgun start
12.30pm – Round concludes
12.45pm – BBQ Lunch / Silent Auction
1.30pm – Prize announcements
2.00pm – Day concludes
• August 22 – Brisbane Golf Club
• September 1 – Concord GC
• October 11 – Woodlands GC
• Terry Hill GC – Private for members only TBC
• Perth – TBC
• Adelaide – TBC
Cost per team (2 players) – $550 inc GST Includes:
• Green Fees
• Registration Pack
• 2 Drink vouchers
There will also be long drive, NTP competitions etc that will be a nominal donation to the charity of the day.
The national final will be held late 2016 or early 2017 at the Castle Hill CC. The winning team from all the qualifying days will progress through to the national final. The winner of the national final will progress through to the World Final in June 2017.
The World Final has been played at many world class locations around the world including Jamaica, Mauritius, Spain, Malaysia and most recently Portugal.
The World Final is held over 5 days and offers the competitors a once in a lifetime opportunity to feel like a pro and make new friends and business acquaintances from around the world.
In 2017 the World Final will be held in Cascais, Portugal.
For more information on your chance to win a trip to Portugal and represent Australia, head to www.nbtgolf.com.