Fits Like a Second Skin
Fingers Should be Snug
Room to Adjust Closure
HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR GLOVE SIZE
Upwards of 50% of golfers are estimated to be wearing the wrong glove size. Most are wearing a glove that is too big. Your glove is the closest point of contact with your club; it should fit like a second skin. Any movement between hand and glove could compromise your swing.
How to Determine Your Glove Size
- Length of middle finger
- Circumference of the hand measured around the first knuckle (excluding the thumb)
- If you fall between two sizes, try the smaller size first.
- If your size comes out different from what you normally wear, try the size we recommend first.
- If your Finger Length number is LESS than your Palm Width number, try a Cadet glove in your size.
- If your Finger Length and Palm Width number differ by more than 2 than you will want to try on several sizes to determine the best compromise.
- For some men, a Womens glove may be your best option. Several FootJoy tour players wear a Womens glove on tour for optimal performance.
- Always try the glove on to ensure proper fit.
- Check your size at the start of every season, it can change over time.
- Be sure to read Are you wearing the right size glove? before making a final glove size determination.
WHAT GLOVE WEAR CAN TELL YOU ABOUT YOUR GAME
Your hands may be slipping during your swing, or you may be holding your club with your palms rather than your fingers.
You may be re-gripping at the top of your swing, or you may be holding the club too close to the end. Check that you are gripping the clubs about an inch from the end.
You may be extending your thumb too far down the shaft. Point your left thumb slightly toward the right for a more natural, comfortable backswing.
Rotating between multiple gloves extends the life of each glove because it gives them more time to dry out.
REGULAR VS CADET SIZING
Palm and fingers are standard proportions.
Palm is wider and fingers are shorter.
Consider trying a Cadet glove if:
- You have extra material at the tops of your fingers in a Regular glove but sizing down doesn’t leave ¼” of Velcro® exposed.
- You find that your fingers swell during a round.
For more information, go to https://www.footjoy.com.au/fitting/men/gloves