Inspired by that heritage of success, FootJoy’s DNA Helix was developed from the ground up based on specific feedback from the world’s best players who value the combination of flexibility and comfort but requested more platform stability, particularly in the heel area of the shoe.
“I’ve worn every version of DNA and this is by far the best for me,” said US PGA Tour player Scott Stallings. “The additional support they built in, especially laterally as I move back and through the ball, is fantastic.”
DNA Helix is 38 percent more stable than its predecessor thanks to a new NitroThin 3.0 TPU outsole and increased width between the cleat receptacles in the heel for more surface coverage underfoot.
The new outsole also features strategically placed cut-outs in the TPU to expose more of the softer midsole which contributes to this outsole being 23 percent lighter than the previous version as well as being more flexible.
In addition to a wider platform, several new performance and comfort enhancements were integrated, including:
– New NitroThin 3.0 TPU Outsole that is lighter and wider than FootJoy’s highly successful DNA shoe for tour-calibre stability;
– New FTF (Fine Tuned Foam) midsole provides a soft ride;
– New Xtra-Thick FTF Fitbed (Fine Tuned Foam) for incredible underfoot comfort;
– New TourSpec Stretch Tongue for comfort across the top of the foot;
– New 3D FoamCollar 2.0 to comfortably lock the foot in place;
– Premium Chromoskin leather by Pittards of England;
– Low-profile Pulsar cleats by SoftSpikes;
– Two-year waterproof warranty.
Available from September 1 via FootJoy golf shoe stockists, the style options include white/black with BOA, white/red/blue and white/silver. SRP: $339.95 with BOA system; $299.95/laced.
Learn more at footjoy.com.au