Leading golf footwear innovator, Ecco Golf, has unveiled an exciting addition to its cleated lineup – Ecco Strike.
A result of the company’s commitment to designing golf shoes that provide performance-enhancing grip, the new Ecco Strike design is defined by an improved spiked outsole which features a rotational line that compliments the natural movement of the foot throughout the swing.
The sole combines strategically positioned Zarma-Tour spikes with a series of hybrid cleats – a concept that’s engineered to provide increased room for dynamic traction, as well as reducing the overall weight of the shoe. The hybrid elements, including a rotation line on the toe, are complemented by the Zarma-Tour spikes which utilise six flexible, anti-clogging comfort legs to maximise traction and durability.
The re-engineered cleat configuration represents an evolution in spiked golf shoe performance, with the overall stability of the shoe further increased by a more optimised Fluidform platform, providing a finely-tuned balance of cushioning and rebound.
Ecco Strike is crafted from the company’s own performance-driven Ecco Yak leather, providing an extra strong, durable and modern upper material with a two-tone surface that’s both sporty and water-repellent.
Additional features of Ecco Strike include:
• 100% Gore-Tex waterproof protection
• The option of a BOA closure system for optimum fit
• A two-component direct-injected P.U/T.PU outsole which creates a highly comfortable, hard-wearing playing platform
• A microfibre heel pad to ensure a secure, snug fit while walking, and throughout the swing, with additional collar padding providing further wearing comfort
• A removable, washable Ortholite foam inlay sole which provides long-term cushioning and enhanced breathability, as well as the option of extra width when you take it out
• A premium textile lining which provides a soft, comfortable in-shoe experience
“When designing Ecco Strike, we decided to really take things back to basics and rethink how to achieve the best possible on-course traction,” said Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at Ecco. “Through extensive research and analysis of how the foot rotates as it contacts the ground, we’ve been able to engineer the perfect combination of spiked and hybrid cleats to provide the grip that will enable golfers to play with more confidence.”
Ecco Golf shoes are worn in competition around the world by Fred Couples, Ernie Els, Smylie Kaufman, Thomas Bjørn, Lydia Ko, Minjee Lee, and Caroline Masson among others.
Now available for $289 (RRP), go to americangolf.com.au/ecco-golf for more information.